WC 2010: Group B
The national football teams of Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece have been drawn to Group B.
On Saturday, June 12 Maradonas Gaucho team will face the Super Eagles of Nigeria in the 2nd match of Group B. Kick-off is 4pm GMT+2 in the in the Johannesburg Ellis-Park-Stadium. On June 22 former European Champion Greece will meet Argentina in a “decider!?” which team goes on to the knock-out-stage.
Initial Situation and chances:
- Argentina, ranking no. 8 in Fifa look like the favourite of the group – but after a weak South American Qualification and poor play in recent matches we doubt a clear win of this group
- Greece qualifying in play-offs against Ukraine did not have a good qualification, the team is very mature and not in that good shape like some years ago
- South Korea has become a very good team in recent years, qualified to all recent World Cups, lots of experienced players and fighting till the end
- The Super Eagles of Nigeria are one of the best African Teams but not any more that strong than in the ’90
- We expect a very balanced group with nearly every possible outcome…
Fixtures & Results