WC 2010: Group F
The national football teams of Italy, New Zealand, Paraguay and Slovakia have been drawn to Group F.
On Monday, June 14 the Squadra Azzurra will face Paraguay in the first match of group f. In the 2nd match (Tuesday, June 15th) of group f New Zealand is playing against Slovakia. The first match of this group is played in the Green Point Stadium of Cape Town, the second match in the Royal Bafokeng Stadium of Rustenbourg.
Initial Situation and chances:
- Italy (FIFA ranking: Nr. 4) is without doubt the dedicated favourite in this group.
- New Zealand (FIFA ranking: Nr. 82) qualified for the World Cup by beating Bahrain. New Zealand is the team with the worst chances in this group.
- Paraguay (FIFA ranking: Nr. 29) has qualified in the very strong South America Qualification. Paraguay is besides Italy the favourite in this group.
- Slovakia (FIFA ranking: Nr. 33) finished unexpected 1st in a very strong qualification group with Slovenia, Czech Republic, Northern Ireland and Poland.
- A very interesting group. Hard to predict who will succeed. Paperwise Italy should be favourite but it will be a very tough job and for us it is still not sure if italy will proceed.
Fixtures & Results