WC 2010: Group H
The national football teams of Chile, Honduras, Switzerland and Spain have been drawn to Group H.
The first match in group h will be played by Honduras and Chile on Wednesday, June 16th 1:30pm, in Nelspruit. In the second game of this matchday at 4pm, Spain is competing against Switzerland in the Moses Mabidha Stadium in Durban
Initial Situation and chances:
- Chile (FIFA ranking: 15): Everyone that succeeds in the strong Sout America World Qualification is an absolute Top Team. The direct competitor for the round of the last 16 will be Switzerland.
- Honduras (FIFA ranking: 37); from the name Honduras is clearly the poorest team of group h. but we needn’t forget that they beated Costa Rica and Trinidad&Tobago in qualification.
- Switzerland (FIFA ranking: 18) has a very solid team and is a hot tip for the round of the last 16. Switzerland won World Cup qualification group 2 in front of Greece.
- Spain (FIFA ranking: 1) is currently probably the best team in the world, winning the European Championship 2008 in Austria
- Spain shoudln’t have problems to win this group. The second place will be a hard fight between Switzerland and Chile. Let’s see if Honduras can participate…
Fixtures & Results